- Fenugreek: Use the leaves of the Fenugreek plant to make a paste. Apply the paste every night before sleeping and wash it off in the morning with lukewarm water. This works especially well for blackheads.
- Orange Peel: Crush orange peels and mix them with water. Apply the paste on affected areas.
- Lemon: Apply fresh lemon juice to pimples. This will reduce their size and intensity
- Garlic: Rub raw pieces of garlic on pimples several times a day or eat three garlic seeds daily for a month. Both help clear up the skin.
- Mint and Coriander Juice: Mix one teaspoon of coriander juice or mint juice with a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply the paste on clean face every night to rid yourself of pimples.
- Hot Epsom Salts Bath: Take a hot bath twice a week with Epsom salts to decrease acne.
- Cucumber: Grate a cucumber and apply over the face, neck and eyes for fifteen minutes to treat those nasty pimples.
- Ice: Rub an icepack on pimples to reduce inflammation
- Lemon Juice and Rose Water: Create a solution of one part lemon juice and one part rose water. Leave this mixture on the face for 30 minutes.
- Egg Whites: Dab egg whites on the pimples. Leave on for 20 minutes or even overnight.
- Honey and Cinnamon Powder: Mix 3 tablespoons of honey with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder. Apply the paste on affected area and let it be on overnight. Wash it off the next morning with lukewarm water. Repeat after two weeks.
- Turmeric and Sugarcane Juice: Application of a paste made with turmeric powder and powder mixed with sugarcane juice helps to remove pimples.
- Groundnut Oil and Lemon Juice: Mix 1 tablespoon groundnut oil with 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice to prevent formation of blackheads and pimples.
Grandma’s Home Remedies also recommends taking your vitamins, like niacin (100 mg, three times per day), vitamin A, vitamind E (400 mg once per day) and therapeutic zinc in tablet or capsule form (50mg, three times per day). The site also has hundreds of comments from people that have tried these remedies, as well as traditional methods. Readers also highly recommend drinking plenty of water.
Have you tried any of the these remedies? We’d love to hear what you’ve found successful, so tell us in the comment section!