Launching an online boutique that represents the “good life” is no small task. Budgets, financing, marketing, web development, branding, creative design, buying, shipping, blogging, merchandising…there are never enough hours in a day.
Thankfully, one of the greatest things about our development of Charleston Naturally has been the personal inspiration it has delivered to us, to walk the talk, and embody our ideals.
There’s no hiding once you put yourself out there.
As Gandhi said, be the change you wish to see in the world. We’re trying. We’ve done our best to change our habits and behaviors over the years and every day we take a step further. We’re trying to live a healthier lifestyle and, in doing so, we’ve become happier, more energetic, and more fulfilled.
Here are a few things we have done to live more naturally:
- Recycle, recycle, recycle.
- No more bottled water. Filtered tap water does the trick.
- Energy efficient transportation. Smart cars, bikes, or a great pair of walking shoes.
- To tote or not to tote? When bags are necessary, use a re-usable bag.
- Re-use: Recycle items that you do not want to a non-profit or thrift store.
- Re-purpose: Empty milk containers can be re-purposed as jugs for iced tea, mix houseplant fertilizer and more.
- Make friends with the dark. Turn off lights when leaving rooms and use lights sparingly.
- Get outdoors and be active! Whatever makes you happy—just do it!
- Eat organic or non-processed foods. What you put into your body comes out through your skin.
- Go au naturel. Chemicals belong in a laboratory, not on your skin.
We’re about doing our very best to be eco-smart – from working with companies and individuals committed to sustainability to running our business with as little impact on the earth as possible and practicing eco-friendliness in our homes and with our families.
Expand your eco-consciousness – let’s make this journey together.