Many people are starting the new year with resolutions to be more healthy. If you’d like healthier skin in 2012 and beyond, here are five tips from NaturalNews.com:
- Avoid refined sugar and simple carbohydrates because they deplete the structure of the skin and speed up the aging process (e.g. soda, syrups, candy, etc.).
- Don’t sleep on your side because extended pressure on the face adds creases and wrinkles.
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! Exfoliating gets rid of dead skin cells, bring new cells to the surface and prompt collagen production.
- Choose your sunscreen wisely. Avoid products with retinol, retinal palmitate, PABA, parabens, oxybenzone, avobenzone, octisalate and triethanolamine, which have been linked to hormonal problems and cellular irregularities.
- Get deep, restful sleep because sleep produces human growth hormones (HGH), which are responsible for keeping up youthful traits. HGH is produced predominately during deep stages of sleep, so getting plenty of deep sleep is critical.
We carry several products that can improve the health of your skin, like John Masters SPF 30 Natural Mineral Sunscreen ($32), Erbaviva Children’s & Adult’s Sunscreen ($22) and a line by COOLA ($12-34). Plus, we have various exfoliating products from suki, John Masters Organics and other companies.